In order to be eligible for funding, a project must:
- Take place entirely or primarily on existing recognized units of Duluth's parks, recreation and trails system;
- Support the mission of the Duluth's Parks and Recreation Division to fulfill the essential recreational, educational, cultural, and environmental needs that create a dynamic community; and
- Encourage both financial and volunteer efforts.
Priority if given to projects that support one or more of the following key elements of the Parks and Recreation Master Plan:
- Improve the quality of existing parks; especially neighborhood parks;
- Expand the use of City parks and recreation areas;
- Focus on connecting the community through trails and bikeways;
- Have fewer, but higher quality, recreation buildings;
- Enhance stewardship of natural resources;
- Expand partnerships with schools for community recreation and gathering; and
- Increase the use and recognition of volunteers and volunteer groups.
Grant awards are not intended to provide permanent support for any purpose. Organizations must have the financial potential to sustain a program after funding by the Community Parks and Recreation Program ends.
If your project aligns with the program's criteria, please submit an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the project, the time frame for completion and the requested amount.
If invited, please use this application to submit a proposal.
Application deadlines are October 1 and April 1.
If you have any questions, please contact our Grants Department.